Anawalt Lumber offers several brands of composite decking to our customers, including Trex® decking. Trex is the largest manufacturer of wood-alternative decking and railing products in the U.S. The company was formed in 1996 and is headquartered in Winchester, Virginia, with manufacturing facilities in Fernley, Nevada and Winchester, Virginia.
Trex offers several performance characteristics, including the following:
- Product offerings, Trex offers decking, railing, and porch solutions, fencing, lighting, trim, and deck framing and drainage products.
- Recycled materials, Trex composite products are made of a unique combination of wood and plastic fibers. Trex gets its plastic and wood fibers from reclaimed or recycled resources, including sawdust and used pallets from woodworking operations, and recycled plastic grocery bags from all over the country.
- Code compliant, Trex products have been tested to ensure compliance with the 2006 International Building Code.
- Warranty, Trex’s offers a 25-year limited fade and stain warranty.
- Design possibilities, Trex can bend to create curves and patterns; products of different colors can also be mixed and matched to create unique designs.