Anawalt Lumber offers several brands of composite decking to our customers, including MoistureShield® decking. MoistureShield decking is manufactured by Advanced Environmental Recycling Technologies, Inc. (A.E.R.T.), which has been manufacturing composite wood building products for 25 years. MoistureShield products are manufactured with a 50/50 blend of recycled wood fibers and plastics.
MoistureShield offers several performance characteristics, including the following:
- 95% recycled materials, including 38% from post consumer and 57% from pre-consumer recycled materials.
- Proprietary heat process, enables the wood pulp to be totally encapsulated with plastic. Thus resulting in a product with lasting color, greater resistance to moisture, mold, mildew, and staining.
- Proprietary ingredients, using wood pulp of larger size, rather than wood flour, enables total encapsulation with plastic.
- Warranty, Limited Lifetime Transferable Warranty on the Vantage Collection. The Essential Collection is backed by a 20-year limited warranty.
- Meets ground contact specifications, because MoistureShield is totally encapsulated, it can be installed with direct ground contact and it will not void the warranty.